Friday, May 1, 2009

5/1/2009 Flash Fiction - "Chain Reaction"

WARNING



The following is a piece of flash fiction that contains swearing and is extremely disturbing, even to the author. I don't know where such a vile character came from, and I don't really want to know. Please do not read if you are easily offended.







8/23/2011

I killed two girls last night. I had no real reason for it; it was just something to do. I've killed before--ants, roaches, squirrels, birds, even some cats and dogs--but never a human. Until last night.

It was boring. In the end, people die just like animals, just like an insect. Nothing special about the supposedly higher order of intelligence inhabiting this planet. Death is the great equalizer.

I can imagine your disgust with me. Your moral judgments. Your "civilized" manner telling you that murder is wrong. And what do I say to that? Nothing. Why should I defend myself? Did you ever defend me? Did anybody? No.

Why did I do it?

Why not?

I had the ability, and opportunity presented itself. So I answered the knock on the door, and slit their throats. Then I watched their eyes, their horrified eyes, as their blood spurted, as their life force drained from the fragile shells they inhabited.

It was no big deal.

I don't even know their names. Names have never made much of an impression on me. I can't remember my own. What does it matter? It's just an artificial construct dumped on me by the bitch and bastard who created me with lustful rutting.

When it comes right down to it, what's the difference between fucking and killing? They're really two sides of the same coin. Both are base urges that compel us to act. One creates life; one takes it. It's the natural order of the world. I mean, if you really think about it, I'm just a balancing force. With all the fucking going on in the world, somebody needs to step up and kill. Might as well be me.

That must be what I am. Death incarnate; the Grim Reaper. When the bitch and bastard took turns violating me, then sold me off to the highest bidder...they had no clue that they were simply doing nature's will, that they were creating what Earth needed to come back into balance.

For I have killed, and I will kill again. And again. And again. With all the fucking going on, I'm going to be one busy little beaver.

Time for a little sleep. Then I'll get to work.


-Excerpt from the journal of Melanie Simpson.

Case #155563
Evidence ID #621

Notes:
8/29/2011 - Blood spattered on page confirmed to belong to deceased.
9/2/2011 - Confirmed deaths of girls mentioned to be Poppy Barrington, age 6, and Georgia Barrington, age 8.
9/13/2011 - Charles Barrington arrested for murder of deceased.
5/23/2013 - Charles Barrington acquitted of all charges in trial. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment